Saturday, September 03, 2005

3003 miles!

I made it! A few weeks ago I looked at the miles I had covered on my 2-wheeled transportation so far this year, and I set a goal of riding 3000 miles before I headed off to Prince Edward Island to wander around the island on my bike. It was a bit of a stretch, and it not only required some higher mileage than normal weeks, it also was dependent on decent weather. With the weather forecast at the beginning of this week it was very possible that the mileage would be just beyond my reach. But - the weather wizard cooperated by providing rideable weather from Wednesday afternoon on, and my mileage for the year so far at the end of today's ride is 3003 miles.

You're right, it was a somewhat silly goal - but it feels really good to have those miles under my wheels!