Friday, September 02, 2005

Last bike commute of the season

Today was my last commute to work by bike of the season - by the time I get back from my PEI adventure on September 21st there won't be enough daylight to support a full day's work plus riding my bike in both directions. I'll have to rework my exercise schedule to go back to riding only on the weekend; guess it will be time to start going back to the gym!

Today was a fabulous day for riding though, sunny, and very reasonable temperatures. The bell captain at the Marriott came out to greet me and told me to bring my bike in to the hotel entryway instead of locking it up outside; he promised to watch it for me.

I think my bike must have known it was her last commuting day of the season - although I can't understand why she would be upset since she will be my transportation on Prince Edward Island. When I parked my bike in the closet at the office for the day, the chain was exactly where it belonged - sitting on the chain rings and cluster. When I went to get my bike to head home, the chain was off. Now tell me, do my bikes have the kind of power where they can remove a chain on their own?