Tuesday, April 19, 2005

A peek at a season yet to come

All I can say is wow! What a nice couple of days from a weather standpoint...

Monday was beautiful, in the 70s but a bit windy. Unfortunately, I really did myself in over the weekend, so I ended my work day in a state of exhaustion. I headed home at 4:30 anyway hoping that with a quick snack I might regain enough energy to hop on my bike, but it just wasn't to be. I think I would have been very unhappy with a ride in that state; it would have felt like I was pushing through molasses. It was too nice to sit at home though, so I headed out on a walk, pushing myself to walk at a good clip and stopping every so often to snap pictures of the daffodils. Smart? Probably not, but I was much happier when I got home after the walk. You didn't really think I was going to rest, did you?

Today was much better in terms of energy, in spite of the fact that I got very little sleep last night. I really have to figure out my ongoing sleep problem - my body seems to need 8 hours of sleep, but it very rarely allows me to get it! Anyway, I again headed home at 4:30 and was able to get in a (respectable) 20 mile ride. I'm hoping to repeat that tomorrow before our early glimpse of summer (with predicted temperatures in the 80's!) turns back into cool, wet spring days.