Sunday, April 24, 2005

The sun peers out at the end of a very wet weekend!

As predicted, it was definitely a weekend filled with rainy, dreary days. I kept trying to head out for a walk this morning, and every time I opened the door it seems like the rain faucet was turned on again. I finally got out at a little before 1, and surprise, surprise! While I was out walking, the sun finally made an appearance. It was more than a peek through the clouds - by the time I returned home it was to a beautiful blue sky. After a short rest, I changed into biking clothes and headed out on two wheels instead of two feet. It was a late start for a ride, but I figured a short ride was better than no ride.

I wish, I wish, that some of the warm weather that we had last week would repeat itself. Based on the weather forecast, it appears that the upcoming week will be a more typical spring week with cooler but reasonable temperatures, and with more of that wet stuff. I'm still hoping for the chance to get in one or two rides after work, but I have my doubts about whether the bikes & I will get out again before the weekend!

Th e good side of all of that water coming down from the sky is that (baby) leaves are starting to make an appearance. Green is good!


And flowers in bloom always cause smiles...