Sunday, November 20, 2005

Miles flowing...

...under my bicycle wheels

Back in September I set a goal of riding at least 4000 miles this year. I thought then that it was a reasonable goal, but later I started to wonder if I would make it. My tour of PEI was about 150 miles shorter than planned, due to my dislike of riding in the rain. No regrets there... It was the month of October that set me back, with weather that really didn't support riding. I managed to ride all but one weekend that month, but all of my rides were pretty short.

October's last day was a gift to cyclists, as was the first day of November. My bike joined me at the office those two days so I could get in a mid-day ride. And overall November (so far) has been much more of a riding month than October. Backwards, but no complaints here!

So where am I? At the end of today's ride, I'm at 3935 miles for the year. 65 miles to reach my goal...

...with the weather wizard's cooperation, of course!