Wednesday, February 02, 2005

A sunny February 2nd...

...the halfway point of winter

I thought today was only Groundhog's Day - which probably wasn't good since the crazy animal definitely saw shadows today, more winter to come... But then Rich pointed out that this day also marks the halfway point of winter. While I'd really like it to be spring, I guess I will have to be happy with the thought that what's left of winter will be shorter each day. The difference in the daylight is starting to be noticeable...

Today I shared my walking in the sun with the neighborhood Canada Goose. (Or is that Canada Geese?) It almost looked as if these birds were swimming through the snow. When I first saw the prints in the snow (sans birds, of course), I wondered how they were made. Wonder no more - it was many geese plodding through the snow!