Sunday, January 30, 2005

It's been so cold that I now think temps in the mid 30's are warm!

We seem to have finally emerged from the deep freeze. It was a weekend with sunshine and daytime temperatures in the mid 30's (fahrenheit, that is!). My bikes were almost jumping with joy - almost because while the temperature certainly supported my winter riding habit, the roads were an absolute mess. The major roads are clear and down to dry pavement, but side roads are still snow-covered. And the sides all of the roads sport muddy-looking puddles. I could have ridden, but I really hate that gritty sound of sand and salt in the chain, and I'm afraid I would have heard that almost immediately. So yes, my wandering over the weekend was on two feet instead of two wheels.

What do you mean you can't see the sidewalk? I guess I really can't complain given that we had 33 inches of snow last weekend. The town normally plows the sidewalks - including this one - but somehow the roads took precedence. No sidewalk for me today.


No, it really wasn't a good day to sit here!