Friday, July 08, 2005

Again? Rain, rain, go away...

I guess I was really lucky with the weather during my week in Maine. I knew that vacationing on the (northern) east coast brought with it the possibility of unsettled weather, but my time in Maine had more than acceptable weather. Well, except for that heavy morning coastal fog...

And 4th of July weekend was a stellar weather weekend too. Unfortunately, the week that followed was gray and damp. Those conditions more than extend into today as the remains of a tropical storm drive through our area. The forecast for today and tonight calls for a 90% chance of rain. Not only that, but the forecast amount of that wet stuff is for "New rainfall amounts between one and two inches possible" both today and tonight. That's 2 to 4 inches of rain in total. Yikes!

It sounds like it could still be raining tomorrow morning too. The bright spot in that is that if it's raining I can watch the Tour de France live instead of following my normal routine of riding first and then watching a replay of the racing action. There has to be sunshine in every cloud, right?

Hey sun! You are going to come back soon, aren't you?

Weather wizard, are you listening?

It looks like this (garden) frog is all set for both sun and rain!