Monday, July 18, 2005

Hot, hot, hot, and humid too!

Not a riding day today... I would be happy to skip the hazy humid days of summer, and today was definitely one of them. I gave my bicycles the day off and drove into work since there were late day thunderstorms predicted. The rain didn't materialize, but it still wouldn't have been a pleasant riding day. Right now the temperature is in the mid-80s, down a little from the heat of the day, but the humidity has gone up to (about) 95% - and that's according to the National Weather Service, not according to my feelings of discomfort! Tomorrow sounds like it will be almost a carbon copy of today weatherwise, although there are predictions that the heat index will rise above 100. I think tomorrow will be another drive-to-work day, but I'm hoping to ride on Wednesday. Weather wizard, are you listening? Everyone is ready for a break in the humidity. I'll take a break in the heat too if that is an option, but humidity first!