Sunday, July 31, 2005

Visiting Bailey

Oh, and my folks too!

I headed to upstate New York for the weekend to visit with my mom & dad, and of course to visit with the family's new addition, Bailey the dachshund who absolutely runs the household. He definitely gets his way, but he brings a lot of love and he makes everyone smile.

He has definitely attached himself to (our) mom. If she leaves the house without him he continuously searches for her. If she is not in the same room with him, he goes looking for her. And he has clearly shown that he wants to travel with her no matter what! His typical behavior after his morning walk is to head straight for the car because he figures she is heading out to run errand - and he want to go too. If she insists on heading into the house, Bailey will put his chest down on the ground and refuse to walk. And if she manages to convince him he needs to go in the house (and sometimes that convincing involves picking him up and carrying him), then as soon as he is relieved of his leash he runs upstairs and hides. It's a good thing he is well loved because his wacky behavior could upset anyone who didn't feel that he is part of the family!

Visiting Bailey is definitely a source of smiles!

Dad with Bailey in his arms... priceless!


And here's mom too - her shadow at least - walking along with Bailey


I find it amazing that my little camera could actually capture this flower gone to seed. Beautiful...


If I had been walking on my own, I would be calling this a pretty pink flower. But luckily I was walking with my mom (and Bailey too, of course!), and she was able to tell me that this is a sweet pea. After the flower dies there will be what looks like a pea pod hanging from the plant. And my crazy mom actually asked her mom to taste one many years ago. Apparently they don't taste like our favorite vegetable, peas in the pod!