Saturday, October 29, 2005

Accompanied by snow!

I woke up at 5 this morning, and looked outside to see if the predicted wet weather had appeared. Not yet... instead I saw a beautiful sliver of the moon hanging in a crystal clear but still dark sky. It was too early to start my Saturday, so I returned to sleep for a couple of hours. When I woke again I found that clouds had moved in, and it was a gray but still dry day. Cold too - in the low 30s.

With the forecast calling for rain and snow, I hadn't planned on riding today; the dry pavement almost made me change my plans. I'm very glad I decided not to ride though, since about 30 minutes into my walk white flakes started flying from the sky. In no time the ground was very wet - my bike would have been very unhappy and would definitely have needed a good washing. It was a beautiful walk though, and I was almost wearing the right clothing. I say almost because I could have used warmer gloves, and although my earbags kept my ears perfectly warm, by the time I got home there was a great deal of water dripping from my head. A hat would have been a good adddition!

Hopefully the forecast is right for tomorrow. The predicted sun and 50 to 60 degree temperatures should give me good riding weather.

A wonderful garden guardian - this little frog brought a big smile to my face.


Me, my pink earbags, and a few snowflakes.


Yup, those really are snowflakes!


End of season flowers, dressed with water droplets from melting snow