Friday, March 25, 2005

Hey Bailey - welcome to the family!

The Goldberg household in upstate New York has been a quiet place since Brandy joined his brother Caesar in leaving this world. My folks have had dogs in the house for many years, and Brandy & Caesar had lived a long happy life - but there was definitely a hole there since Brandy said goodbye back on Februrary 4th. Suze did a search for breeders of dachshunds, and found Littleland Kennels, a couple hours drive from my folks. While I think my dad would have preferred a puppy, puppies are a lot of work - and Suze found Bailey, a 5-year old mini who needed a new home. He came home with Mom & Suze yesterday, and when I talked to them he was just getting used to the Goldberg household. Hey Bailey - you found yourself a great place to live! I hope you like it there, and I hope your adjustment to your sometimes wacky new family goes quickly and makes you happy!

Here's Bailey in a photo from the Littleland Kennels web site. I believe this picture is a bit old, but Bailey managed to capture the hearts & imagination of Mom & Suze - enough to adopt him, that is!