Saturday, March 05, 2005

They're kidding right? It's just shampoo!

I don't know why I read the directions on my replacement bottle of shampoo; that's just not something I normally do. But for some reason...

Maybe it was because the label looked different. I've been using Clairol's Herbal Essences Rainforest Flowers shampoo since last summer. After my trick of flipping by bicycle over, the smell and feel of my old shampoo no longer agreed with me. I can't imagine why, but for some reason this one seemed to be a good replacement. And of course after my reading of the new label caused me to think I was reading something very odd, I pulled out the old bottle.

The old directions were what I would expect to see on a shampoo bottle: "Massage into wet hair, lather and rinse thoroughly." Makes sense, right? The new directions make me think that someone in Clairol's marketing department has way too much time on his (or her) hands. Here are the new directions: "Massage your hair under a waterfall and get lost in the sensuous lather. Linger in the lush fragrance and exotic pleasure. Rinse when ready."

What's your reaction?