Sunday, March 13, 2005

No, the weather wizard didn't satisfy my wishes!

I'd love to be able to say that I was able to repeat last weekend's two days of cycling, but the weather wizard apparently wasn't listening to my wishes. Instead, I managed 2 days of good walks - although yesterday's was a bit more difficult given the snowy conditions. And today's was very wet. I wore my running shoes today, and both the shoes and my wool socks were totally soaked by the time I returned home.

It's the middle of March. Although I know that spring typically follows the equinox by a few weeks, which puts it well into April - I was really, really hoping for an early break to this very long winter. I guess I'll just have to move my hopes into the next weeks!

Can you see those big blobs above the snow-covered tree branches? The snowflakes yesterday weren't typical flakes - instead they were big chunks!


There was quite a change in the sky today, a return to sunshine and blue. The white things in the tree branches? Yup, you're right - those are chunks of snow. As I walked, I could hear them hitting the ground; how nice of the sun to bring some melting power today.