Friday, May 27, 2005

Gray & gloomy - but I saw a patch of blue this morning

Really! To bad it's gone again...

When I woke up this morning and peeked out the window, I actually saw blue skies. Finally! Unfortunately by the time I took my morning shower and headed downstairs for breakfast, the sky was once again covered in gray - lighter than the gray of the last few days, but still gray. We've had a lot of rain this week - based on reports on the National Weather Service site, towns close to mine are reporting that there was over 3 inches of rain. I really wish that the weather wizards would listen when all of us say "enough!".

I started the week in the gym, but I quickly switched back to walking outside. My bicycling rain jacket turns out to be good garb for wet walks - the only part of me that got totally soaked was my feet. I just bought a new pair of running shoes to support my walking habits, but I've been sticking with my old shoes this week. My feet want the cushioning of the new shoes, but I'd hate to start out by trashing the new shoes this early! So far this week has had one day of exercising indoors followed by 3 days of very wet but decent length (fast) walks. I'm still hoping for things to dry out by this afternoon - my bikes are screaming to go out and ride.

Still hoping for dry weather... I'd like some sunshine too, but I'll settle for dry.