Sunday, May 15, 2005

Gray sky, cool temps, but a dry weekend

Luckily the very wet weather that was forecast for the weekend didn't happen. It was gray, and it was cool, but for the most part it was dry.

I had planned to ride on Saturday with some women I "met" through the Team Estrogen forum, and we ended up canceling because of very gray skies and some short-lived rain in the area where we planned to ride. As it turns out, we could have ridden and stayed dry, but that wasn't obvious early in the morning. Robyn & I have already planned a replacement ride for next Saturday. I did manage to get in a decent 33 mile ride yesterday, doing several loops so that I was never a long distance from home. It was cool enough out that I didn't want to be very far from home if it started raining - I figured I'd get wet but not frozen... Today was even cooler and the skies were more threatening. I waited until mid-afternoon to go out, hoping that the temperature would rise. It didn't, but I rode anyway. A shorter ride today, and a ride in which I was again fighting a lower than desired energy level. I've got to get rid of that feeling... Oh well, I'll just have to keep fighting, training, and striving to improve. And I clearly need to do some more talking to the weather wizard too.