Friday, May 20, 2005

Hide & seek with mother goose

I've been trying to escape from the office for a short walk in the early afternoons. A little bit of light exercise as a work break always helps, and some days I get a good laugh out of it too.

Today was the day for playing hide & seek with some Canada Geese. Yesterday I saw what appeared to be a whole flock of geese, quite a few adults surrounded by their young - so today I brought my camera with me in the hopes of getting some pictures. I have to say it was hard finding shots where the birds were standing still. The geese today appeared to be in family groups; that is, I would see a pair of adult geese (I assume mother & father goose) along with a bunch of "children". The funniest were a pair who were separated from me by some bushes. One of the adult geese would scrunch down behind the bush, then pop his (or her) head up to see if I was still there, then scrunch down again, then... Well you get the pictures. I was definitely laughing, but the silly bird was moving too fast for me to capture the scene with my camera!

If I walk fast do you think I can get away from that camera?


Babies happily eating surrounded by the safety net of mom & dad!