Monday, June 20, 2005

A Canada Goose parade

Ah, the joys of spring with flocks of Canada Goose (or can they be called Canada Geese?)...

I took a back road "get me out of traffic" loop on my way to the office this morning, and all of a sudden traffic came to an absolute halt. At first I couldn't figure out what was happening, but then I saw them. A flock of Canada Geese - multiple sets of adults and their teenage offspring - decided that it was a good time to cross the road. I suppose most people would call this a big annoyance, their antics always bring a smile to my face. My only regret is that I didn't have a camera with me in the car!

What, no bike this morning? I had considered riding in today, and the weather supports a commute to work for the first time in a long while, but I'm trying to have a sort of a rest week before heading out to Maine at the end of the week. I plan to ride after work tonight, a ride that is half the length of my usual commute. And I will probably get in some walking for the next couple of days. It's time for a rest before the ride...