Thursday, June 09, 2005

Home before the storm

Talk about luck! Yesterday was a sunny day. There were some clouds in the sky, but overall I'd classify the day as belonging to the sun. And it was a commute to work by bike day too...

As I got closer to home, I noticed that the sky was getting darker. No problem though, I arrived home perfectly dry, put my bike in its non-moving home (OK, it lives in the garage!), and showered off the sweat. Hmmm... why is it so dark in here? It was about quarter after 7, which at this time of year is still pretty much daylight, but the sky had just turned totally black. I walked outside to the initial spattering of raindrops, and in spite of the black I could still see clouds and some very small patches of blue. Then, the sky lightened up a little, and the rain absolutely started pouring down.

Wild rain, amazing lightening, and loud cracks of thunder... I have to say it was very good to be home and under a roof!