Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Walking in the mist

It's either been a bad weather week for biking or I've just been a total baby. I prefer to think it's the weather...

Let's see, 80 & 90 degree weather over the weekend and into Monday quickly degraded during the day on Tuesday as the temperature reached the 50s. What a change! I heard a weather forecaster Monday morning saying that by the middle of the week he expected people to be complaining that it's been cold since March, forget about that hot, hot weather we had last week. And no, it hasn't been cold since March, but it's truly cold now! It was in the high 40s when I got home from work today, and very gray. I had been contemplating taking a bike ride, but I quickly switched to walking mode. Luckily I have the right clothes for playing outside in this kind of weather!

To be honest, I had a really hard time getting myself out of the house, but I was glad once I started. I wasn't over-dressed, so the first few minutes were a bit chilly - but that's not too bad a sacrifice for a comfortable hour outside. It wasn't really raining, but the mist was so heavy it almost seemed like there were raindrops. And you could see the mist...

I was a bit wet when I got home, but not soaked through. I'd have to say it was a successful wander in the mist. I'm still hoping to get some biking in before the weekend, but I have a feeling that this is going to be a walking week!