Monday, June 20, 2005

Riding, then a planned pre-tour rest...

It was a beautiful evening for an after-work ride, and I hope that today's ride will satisfy me until I'm in Maine later this week. My sensible exercise plans for this week call for a ride today, followed by a short break. I'd like to be well-rested at the start of my tour, so I'm planning to just do some walking over the next couple of days. It's supposed to be a beautiful weather day tomorrow though, so I'll have to see if I can manage to stay off of my bike!

I was hoping for flowers amid these lily pads. There were buds but no blooms - I wonder, do they close at the end of the day? No matter, they were beautiful anyway.


This birthday announcement and celebration of blow-up toys caught my eye as I rode by, and my bike wanted to play too... She said that it's close enough to her birthday that she thought the display must be for her. I didn't want to disappoint her by telling her it's probably for a child living in the house.