Thursday, June 02, 2005

It's about time!

...I rode my bike to work today, and now I feel like I'm really back in riding shape!

Wow, that really felt good. I've been trying to find the right day - really the right weather - to start commuting to work by bike again. I'm a fair weather commuter in that I require plenty of daylight, reasonable temperatures, and preferably dry conditions. It was just barely 50 degrees and foggy gray this morning, but the forecast is for sunshine and temperatures in the 70s by the end of the day. I had intended to leave the house by 6, but I didn't quite have my act together and my bike and I rode through the door at 6:30. A good ride, a quick shower at the Marriott across the street from my office, and I was ready for the day. And - a huge plus is that I get to ride home again this afternoon.

I had a good laugh with my colleagues when I got to the office - they suggested that I call someone before I leave the house on the mornings when I am biking in so that they know to get worried if I don't show up. No, we're not going there - but I am wearing my Road ID. That will help prevent anything bad from happening, won't it?

I'm happy...