Sunday, June 12, 2005

Hot and humid, but a bikeable weekend

My late June vacation is planned; now all I have to do is make sure I'm in good biking shape. I'll be heading to Maine for (almost) 6 days of cycling. The almost day is the day I'm scheduled to take a boat ride out to Machias Seal Island to visit the puffins that live there. Knowing me, I'll probably manage a short ride in the afternoon - after the puffin visit.

The weekend was hot, hot, hot, and humid too, but I still managed 3 good rides. I had hoped to ride to work on Friday, but the forecast called for afternoon thunderstorms so I chickened out. The forecast was a bit off. The gray morning sky gave way to sunshine, and I was able to get a ride in after work. Saturday and Sunday were both riding days, so I was able to finish the week with 162 miles under my wheels. Not bad at all!

I'm afraid that the upcoming week has a bit of an iffy forecast calling for rain and thunderstorms every day. I suspect that it's not going to be a great riding week, but I also think I could use a rest day or two.

Happily wandering down the road in sunlight on a hot, hot day!