Monday, June 13, 2005

Unbelievably bad drivers

Boston drivers definitely have a bad reputation. And some of the drivers deserve it, including the driver who passed me this morning. I was on a typical narrow New England road, and the light up ahead turned yellow. I was far enough from the intersection that it was time to stop; racing through that light wasn't the right thing to do.

And then... I have to admit I haven't seen this bad behavior before. The driver behind me was turning right, and he was obviously in a hurry. Right turn on red was allowed, but there wasn't enough room to the right of me to pull through (narrow road, remember?). So this idiot pulled to the left of me to turn right in front of me. He had no idea whether there was traffic coming from the left or if there was traffic from the left that was turning into the lane he had driven into in the wrong direction. Unbelievable. Luckily there was no oncoming traffic...