Saturday, January 01, 2005

A bike ride to welcome 2005

January 1st did a good job of presenting non-January weather - so I was able to take my first bike ride of the year on a sunny day. It was 50 degrees, sunny, and windy when I left the house on one of my purple bikes. Of course the temperature managed to drop 5 degrees by the time I got home, but overall it was a very pleasant ride for a January day. My only complaint is that although the roads were mainly dry, there were enough wet areas that my bike was a mess by the time I got home. It's clean and re-lubed now; in fact my bike got its bath before I got my own warm-up shower!

A sunny day, but one with snow on the sides of the road.


I'm always fascinated by the things people have in their yards. This life-size carving of a zebra is outside of a barn housing live horses. I think I'd rather watch the horses, but I have to admit that the zebra makes me smile everytime I ride by there.