Monday, January 24, 2005

Lots of white...

...Home again, a day late

When I changed my train reservations to come home this morning after the snow instead of during the storm, I really believed that booking on the 6:20am Acela Express was a good thing. That train to Boston originated in New York, so I thought there was a good chance of it leaving Penn Station on time. Wow, was I wrong! When I arrived at the station at 6am after a brisk walk from the hotel, I found that my train was cancelled. I waited in line for a good solid half an hour to rebook on the next train, a regional train that made a large number of stops. It left NY almost an hour late, and arrived in Boston a good hour and a half late. It was a long morning... But - I'm home, and it's good to be here - in spite of there being 33 inches of snow on the ground! I'm afraid it will be here for a while too since it looks like we're in for a pretty cold week.