Friday, January 14, 2005

Hey - it was 61 degrees out this morning...

...are you sure this is winter?

What a crazy weather week we just had! There was snow, there was rain, there was cold, and there was even near record (or record) warmth too. As I was driving home last night I passed through what must have been the weather front. I was headed north on I93, and the thermometer in my car said it was 47 degrees out. The temperature was definitely on the rise, but as I exited the highway I must have driven right through the front. The temperature instantly dropped to 34 degrees. I've never seen that before - although it did match what all of the weather forecasters were saying.

The temperature continued to rise overnight, and when I woke up it was 61 degrees out. Definitely a good morning for a walk! And in a sleeveless shirt, not normal January attire. Unfortunately for my wish for warm weather, the temperatures dropped throughout the day. It was back in the 30s by the time I headed home again. I guess that touch of warmth was intended just to whet the appetite.