Sunday, January 23, 2005

A good but chilly day for wandering

...an unexpected extra day in New York

I was planning to head home today, but the weather forecast for Boston today made me change my mind. Somehow arriving home and having to drive 40+ miles from the train station to my house in bad (snowy & windy) driving conditions didn't sound like the smartest move to me, and after all, plans are there to be changed.

It was a sunny but cold day here in New York, and I really wanted to get some exercise. I had access to the health club in the hotel, but you know me - I'd really rather be outside. I started the day with a walk from the hotel to Penn Station and back to change my train ticket. After that jaunt I warmed up a bit, then decided to head to Central Park. There were quite a few people there, but the thing I really enjoyed was watching the animals!

A rather chilly table for two outside the library.


This dog dressed in his fleece coat and booties was priceless. He was sitting practically at attention, watching some squirrels chase each other up and down a tree!


Is it better to walk on the ice or to swim in some very cold water? It seems the consensus here was that swimming was preferred.


Ah, this chunk of snow makes a good place to sit for a while...


The rest of the photos from my wandering afternoon can be found in my New York in sun & snow photo gallery.