Friday, December 16, 2005

Daylight gone, slippery...

With the rain today I thought I'd be able to walk outside after work. I did walk outside, but it turned out not to be good walking conditions, and I came home much faster than I'd planned. The problem? By the time I headed out, the temperature was headed down. It was probably around 40 degrees most of the day, but it was very close to freezing when my running-shoe-clad feet headed out the door. Even though technically 33 degrees is still not freezing, I found that what appeared to be wet surfaces were actually slick and icy. Ah well, a short walk will have to do...

All set for walking without the sun... I picked up a couple of brightly flashing lights from RoadID.com to add to my illuminite-covered jacket. The illuminite reflects when headlights hit it, but I figured some extra always there flashers were a good idea too.