Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Left foot, right foot...

...black shoe, blue!

I was two miles down the road (heading to the office) this morning when I realized that I was wearing two very different shoes.

It was an indecisive morning, and instead of just picking a pair of shoes my feet each chose a different shoe. The idea was to look in the mirror and decide which I preferred for the day. But somehow the mirror never came into play, and I walked out of the door wearing a black (Merrell) Jungle Slide on one foot and a navy Jungle Moc on they other. Hey - at least they were from the same manufacturer and the same general family of shoes! I have to admit I considered just continuing to work and wearing the mismatched shoes. They both have the same soles, so I don't think that I would have hurt my feet. But I was close enough to home that backtracking 2 miles to change one shoe made sense. It did make me laugh though!

I wonder if anyone would have said anything to me about my attire if I had shown up at work today wearing these two different shoes!