Sunday, December 11, 2005

A time to celebrate

...mileage under my (bicycle) wheels!

I set a goal of riding 4000 miles on my bike this year - and at the end of my ride today my total was 4004 miles. I'm happy!

Maybe it seems silly to set a biking goal to some of you. After all, I'm always on my bike, right? It was a goal I really needed this year though, proof to myself that I'm really back after last year's biking incident (or accident, depending on how you look at things) and recovery. The roads today were better than yesterday - still a bit messy in the aftermath of Friday's crazy snowstorm, but more wet than anything. It turned out to be a great riding day though, with temperatures in the high 30s, a blue sky, and beautiful snowscapes. I'd prefer that there be no snow, but I really can't deny the beauty.

It was definitely an enjoyable day to be outside. Here's hoping that the few weekends left in 2005 support more wandering on two wheels - but it's so great to have my goal for the year behind me. This way hopefully I can accept whatever conditions the weather wizard deals to us on the rest of December's weekends.

Who's that? Yes, it's me, happily riding down the road. Luckily the snow was only on the side of the road.


Sunshine on an almost frozen pond...