Sunday, December 04, 2005

From cold & sunny to cold & snowy

The only constant in the past two days has been the cold. Yesterday was cold, the sun was shining and the sky was a beautiful shade of blue. Today? It was still cold, but it was a gray day with snowflakes decorating the air. We didn't get a lot of snow - I'd say under an inch - but it was enough snow to create wet and slippery roads.

I was hoping to reach my goal of 4000 biking miles for the year this weekend. Almost, but not quite there. I rolled to 3,980 miles with my ride yesterday, and I was hoping to sneak in the remaining 20 today but my bikes agreed with me that it wasn't a good day to be on the road on two wheels. Today? It was a good day for walking, and it was a good day for relaxing at home. I think I needed that...

Early morning snow and pine needles...